I recently put together a care package for a family member who is about to have a baby any day now. We’re very excited here on Baby Watch 2010… waiting for the phone call!
So what did I put in the package? I pulled together some of my favorite items for new moms. Some are specifically for breastfeeding, and some can be used even if you aren’t breastfeeding. These are items I’ve either used myself, or items that friends have given high marks. Here’s the list:
2. Nursing cover (I didn’t use one; I typically just grabbed whatever I had with me… a jacket, my shirt, baby blanket. But a lot of the shawls are really pretty, so why not?)
3. Lansinoh breast cream (use only if necessary).
4. Simplisse manual breast pump (handy if traveling to a place where you won’t have access to an electrical outlet).
5. Washable/reusable breast pads. (I can’t remember the brand, but they all do the same work of containing leaks).
6. Born Free baby bottles because they don’t have any BPA, Phthalates or PVC, in the plastic.
7. And finally, I gave her my trusty old Medela Pump In Style